What is Remote Handling Compatibility Analysis ?
A RH Compatibility Analysis examines systematically or a component or system is suitable for maintenance using Remote Handling solutions.
Within the design guidelines of ITER should be a RHCA performed at every formal Design Review , on each system and sub-system of ITER to be. Expected to be replaced during the lifetime of ITER The ITER RHCA follows a formal procedure.
- To determine the maintainability of a component in preparation for a formal design review
- Validating maintenance plans
- When should reliability maintenance increased
- When inaccessible places to be for inspection and maintenance accessible
- When one wants to raise about human action safety
- If large and heavy parts have to be moved
- Various studies and projects for ITER and F4E
- Reliability of maintenance is increased
- Certainty about the applicability of Remote Handling , visibility , accessibility and gripability (‘handlability’)
- Safety increases
- Certainty about feasibility of displacement (geometric , not necessarily mechanical)
- Unhide all competencies of various issues
- In advance considering maintenance and how maintenance should be performed