What is a Control Room?
A central area from where remote technology can be controlled and monitored with integrated input and output such as joysticks, master arm, visual feedback, audio, indicators.
- Training of operators
- Perform operations associated technology such as remote handling (link)
- Validating maintenance plans
- When inaccessible places must be accessible for inspection and maintenance
- If large and heavy parts must be moved
- Navigation for example underwater robots
- Remote Handling Study Centre, Differ
- Dissemination of technology in different ways
- Effective training of operators, enabling them to work faster and more secure
- Shorter maintenance cycle
- Reliability of maintenance is increased
- Security on feasibility of displacement (geometric, not necessarily mechanical)
- Accessibility is increased
- Basis for volautomatisering in a dynamic situation